Thursday 20 September 2007

Before My Family Alert The Authorities...

I suppose I should explain my lack of posts on this blog, but as Matt has pointed out, occasionally you will get hold of a game that will make you want to play it, rather than write about it.

This has indeed been the case recently, as my recent purchases have included delights such as Medal of Honour Heroes on PSP (32 player online death matches while in bed!!!), and also Guitar Hero II.

Now, as a real life guitarist, i was VERY skeptical about whether a plastic guitar game would grasp my interest or; anger me immensely. A bit like the way you feel when your favorite band turn shit, release a poor album that goes top 10, and feel the bile in the back of our throat when everyone claims they have loved them all of their life.

Elitism aside, I figured using my left over Virgin Megastores vouchers on a bit of experimentation couldn't hurt that much...

So returning home with my plastic guitar in hand, much to the mockery of my other half, i popped it in the PS2 and waited to be upset...

...however...

...its fucking brilliant.

After literally 10 minutes, its easy to get to grips with, but at the same time, there are always chances to mess up. This, I believe, is what makes a game addictive. Knowing you are fully capable of doing something, yet not quite getting it spot on is pure anal retentive brilliance!

Added bonus's include being able to play Lamb Of God and Every time I Die tracks, and also real franchises such as Ernie Ball Strings, Gibson guitars and Line 6 amps!

Its almost like they made a Singstar/Dancemat game just for meat heads like myself.

No comments: