Tuesday 4 September 2007

Marvel vs. Capcom For XBLA and PSN?

THIS BETTER BE FUCKING TRUE.

Justin Lambros of Marvel has suggested the possibility of a release of classic Capcom fighter Marvel vs. Capcom on console digital download services. While nothing concrete has been discussed, the very fact that Marvel are interested in doing this makes me wet.

For the uninitiated, Marvel vs. Capcom (and it's many variations and sequels) is a 2D Capcom fighter in the Street Fighter style. It features a MASSIVE roster of characters from both the Marvel universe and from various Capcom games. This means it's not just Street Fighter characters (as seen in X-Men vs. Street Fighter) but characters from Darkstalkers, Mega Man, Resident Evil, etc.

Again, nothing solid has been said, but it is presumed that the Xbox Live Arcade and the Playstation Network are pretty solid bets for platforms. Capcom has certainly supported the Xbox Arcade, especially with the Street Fighter series.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is my all-time favourite beat-em-up game and is the sole reason I still play my Sega Dreamcast. If Microsoft, Capcom and Marvel pull this off, I'll be pretty happy. I don't even want a HD remix or anything. Just the original game, please. I'm willing to pay up to 1200 Microsoft points for it, but I'd be happy if it was 800. Cheers.

No comments: